Source: Harvard HealthBeat
Here are 10 small steps to get you on the road to better health in 2010.
1. Take a 10-minute walk. If you don’t exercise at all, a brief walk is a great way to start. If you do, it’s a good way to add more exercise to your day.
2. Give yourself a lift. Lifting a hardcover book or a two-pound weight a few times a day can help tone your arm muscles. When that becomes a breeze, move on to heavier items or join a gym.
3. Eat one extra fruit or vegetable a day.
4. Make breakfast count.
5. Stop drinking your calories.
6. Have a handful of nuts.
7. Sample the fruits of the sea.
8. Breathe deeply.
9. Wash your hands often.
10. Count your blessings.