This list is not about abstract things that you usually hear during the Q&A of beauty pageants. After having a “happy day” each week for three consecutive weeks, I have realized that it does not take much to make me smile. So here are my answers in no particular order:
- Cool, sunny weather
- Cool, rainy weather (as long as I’m home, ha ha!)
- A tap on my shoulder, literally and figuratively
- Foot/back massage – Nuat Thai the best!
- Finding a good buy – I’m not really a bargain-hunter, much less a shopper
- Someone cooking for me without me paying the person to do so
- My niece’s hug, antics, wit, voice, giggle…everything about her!
- Nice-fitting jeans
- Nice-fitting white top
- Fried/garlic rice
- Well-written books/articles/essays
- Witty, funny exchanges (only few people can make me laugh, really)
- Birds chirping outside my window
- Deep sleep
- Nature—which could just be as simple as the flowers growing in our front yard
- A hug
- Any musical piece played on piano
- Pleasant surprises
- Candid, intelligent conversations
- Café mocha
- Unplanned trips/get-together
- Holding my mom
- Kindness, not necessarily towards me
However these things are not meant to desensitize me to loneliness, which, I believe, is something that I should just go through, without resistance nor rush.
How about you? What makes you happy?
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀